Comparative study between parabolic trough power plants with direct steam generation and integrated Solar Combined Cycle System in Algeria
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
Parabolic trough power plants have several concepts for production energy, these concepts are developed by Solar Electric Generating System (SEGS) and Direct Solar Steam (DISS) project for research and development, the SEGS is developed the integrated solar combined cycle system (ISCCS), however in recent years the DISS project with direct steam generation (DSG) technology proves the evaluation from the cost, the process control and the easy erection in construction.
There are many studies developed in the power plants system for ISCCS and DSG, in this paper will be study the process of heat transfer performance taken into account the thermodynamic analyses for comparison between the ISCCS and DSG plants including the aspect of natural gas-boiler.
The module evaluated in this dependant document with TRNSYS program and SAM System Advisor Model. This analysis was conducted to get the comparison between both process systems of heat transfer fluid, so to get the height power generation.
- www.worldenergyoutlook.org; 2013, World Energy Outlook. Executive Summary.
- David. Kearney & Associates. Vashon, Washington, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) subcontract and reviewed by Guidelines April 2009 — December 2010.
- www.enr.fr , Principle of operation of solar thermodynamics last revision of the document: May 2010.
- Montes, M.J. et al., 2008. Thermofluidynamic model and comparative analysis of parabolic trough collectors using oil, water/steam or molten salt as heat transfer fluids. In: Proceedings of 14th International Solar PACES Symposium on Solar Thermal Concentrating Technologies, Las Vegas, USA.
- Benz, N. et al., 2008. Advances in receiver technology for parabolic troughs. Proceedings of 14th International Solar PACES Symposium on Solar Thermal Concentrating Technologies, Las Vegas, USA.
- Zarza E., Valenzuela L., et al.: Direct steam generation in parabolic troughs: Final results and conclusions of the DISS project. Energy, Vol. 29, 5-6 (2004) p. 635-644.
- Krüger D., Krüger J., et al.: Kanchanaburi Solar Thermal Power Plant with Direct Steam Generation – Layout. Proceedings of the 16th CSP Solar PACES Symposium, Perpignan, France (2010).
- Eck M., Benz N., et al.: The Potential of Direct Steam Generation in Parabolic Troughs - Results of the German Project DIVA. Proceedings of the 14th Biennial CSP Solar PACES Symposium, Las Vegas, USA (2008).
- Price H., Lupfert E., et al.: Advances in Parabolic Trough Solar Power Technology. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Vol. 124, 2 (2002) p. 109-125.
- Zarza E.: DISS Phase II Final Report. EU Contract No. JOR3-CT98-0277 (2002).
- Feldhoff J. F., Benitez D., et al.: Economic Potential of Solar Thermal Power Plants With Direct Steam Generation Compared With HTF Plants. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Vol. 132, 4 (2010) p. 041001-9.
- Horn .M, Führing .H, Rheinländer .J, Economic analysis of integrated solar combined cycle power plants: A sample case: The economic feasibility of an ISCCS power plant in Egypt. Energy, 2004.
- Johansson .TB, et al., editors. Renewable energy, sources for fuels and electricity. Washington, DC: Island Press; 1993, p. 234-5.
- Kelly, B., Herrmann, U., Hale, M.J., “Optimization studies for integrated solar combined cycle systems.” Proceedings of Solar Forum 2001 - Solar Energy: The Power to Choose, Washington, DC (2001).
- Status Report on Solar Trough Power Plants. Sponsored by the German Federal Minister for Education, Science, Research and Technology under Contract No. 0329660.P 40, 56.
- Solar Engineering of Thermal Process. Wiliam A.Bickman. John A.Duffie. Simulation in solar process design.
- Eck, M.Steinmann, W.: Direct steam generation in parabolic troughs: first results of the DISS project. Proceedings of Solar Forum 2001: Solar Energy: The Power to Choose, Washington D.C., 2001.
- Eck, M. and Hirsch, T. (2007/2), "Dynamics and control of parabolic trough collector loops with direct steam generation", Solar Energy, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 268-279.
- Montes MJ, Rovira A, Muñoz M, Martínez-Val JM. Performance analysis of an Integrated Solar Combined Cycle using Direct Steam.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.