Focus and Scope
ILMU KELAUTAN: Indonesian Journal of Marine Sciences (IJMS) is dedicated to published highest quality of research papers and review on all aspects of coastal management, marine biology, marine conservation, marine ecology, marine microbiology, marine culture, marine geology and oceanography, all other marine topic which have not and will not be published elsewhere.
This journal is jointly published by Marine Science Department, Diponegoro University and Association of Indonesian Coastal Management Experts (HAPPI).
Peer Review Process / Policy
Blind reviewing will be applied and at least two reviewers will be assigned for each submitted paper. Author(s) are allowed to propose appropriate reviewers by providing their names and email addresses, but the decision remains in the hand of editor. Authors are suggested to use plagiarism detection software to check similarity of the manuscript. This similarity checking and screening is conducted using Turnitin. Decision will be made based on the level of similarities with other articles. The editor will decide on either immediately reject the manuscripts, contact authors for further clarifications, or to proceed to the peer-review process. Final decision is made by editor and editorial board.
ILMU KELAUTAN: Indonesian Journal of Marine Sciences publishs 5-7 articles in an edition and 4 editions in a volume.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA)
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
PUBLICATION ETHICS AND MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
Based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors
ILMU KELAUTAN: Indonesian Journal of Marine Sciences is a peer-reviewed international journal. This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the chief editor, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer and the publisher (Diponegoro University). This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed ILMU KELAUTAN: Indonesian Journal of Marine Sciences is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, the publisher and the society.
Diponegoro University as publisher of ILMU KELAUTAN: Indonesian Journal of Marine Sciences takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing extremely seriously and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, the Department of Marine Sciences of Diponegoro University and Editorial Board will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful and necessary.
The editor of the ILMU KELAUTAN: Indonesian Journal of Marine Sciences journal is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Duties of Editor
- The editor of ILMU KELAUTAN is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The editor may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editor may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
- An editor will at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
- The editor of ILMU KELAUTAN and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
- Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Duties of Reviewers
- Reviewers assists editor of ILMU KELAUTAN in making decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the paper.
- Reviewers who feels unqualified to review submitted manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
- All manuscripts received must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Duties of Authors
- Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work.
- The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
- An author should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
- Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
- Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors. The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included on the paper, and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
- All authors should disclose in their manuscript any financial or other substantive conflict of interest that might be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
- When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
Indexing and Abstracting
ILMU KELAUTAN: Indonesian Journal of Marine Science has been indexed by:
- Scopus (Accepted on October 28, 2020)
- EBSCO (https://www.ebscohost.com/titleLists/a2h-journals.htm)
- DOAJ Directory of Open Access Journal (https://doaj.org/toc/2406-7598)
- World of Science (https://mjl.clarivate.com/search-results)
- SINTA Science and Technology Index (https://sinta.ristekbrin.go.id/journals/detail?id=783)
- Google Scholar (https://scholar.google.co.id/citations?user=mUPn1KgAAAAJ&hl=en)
- Crossref (https://search.crossref.org)
- Worldcat (https://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=worldcat_org_all&q=ilmu+kelautan)
- OneSearch (http://onesearch.lancs.ac.uk/)
- Trueserials.com (http://services.trueserials.com/CUFTS/MaintTool/public/search)
- British Library (http://www.bl.uk/)
- Base-Search (http://www.base-search.net/)
- Garba Rujukan Digital (http://garuda.ristekdikti.go.id)
- IPI Portal Garuda (http://id.portalgaruda.org)
- Microsoft Academic (https://academic.microsoft.com)
- Ingenta Connect (https://www.ingentaconnect.com)
- Google Metric (https://scholar.google.co.id/citations?hl=en&view_op=list_hcore&venue=kH7r7oty-oMJ.2018)
Article Processing Charge
ILMU KELAUTAN: Indonesian Journal of Marine Sciences is an open access international journal. Readers can read and download any full-text articles for free of charge (fully Open Access).
Started from the manuscript published on September 2021, Author should pay an Article Processing Charge (APC) of US$175 (IDR 2.500.000) per article. Once the manuscript accepted, an invoice will be sent to the Author. The accepted article will not be published until the APC was paid. The APC will be used for maintaining the DOI registration and the fulltext PDF articles production cost.