Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Already have a Username/Password for Indonesian Perspective?Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?Go to Registration
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document (.doc) file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is using Palatino Linotype, single-spaced, 12-point font; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
`All submitted manuscripts should follow publication ethics in which they have to use academic citation when use arguments, data, and/or any information from other sources. The academic rules of Indonesian Perspective journal are as follows:
All manuscripts should use bodynote citation style following the format: (last name, year of publication: page(s)). Example:
- Citing from a certain page:
(Wendt, 1999: 4).
- Citing an argument without referring to a certain page:
- Citing by mentioning author’s name:
Wendt (1999: 4) has argued that...
- Citing anonimously articles from newspaper or magazine:
(Kompas, 2014: 8).
- Citing anonimously from online sources:
- Citing from an edited or co-edited volume:
(Wendt in Lapid & Kratochwil, 1996: 47).
- Citing from a source written by two authors or more:
(Wendt et al., 1996: 18).
Bibliography format uses Harvard style following the format: Last name, First name initial. (Year of publication) Title of publication. City of publisher: Publisher. Example:
- Book with a single author:
Wendt, A. (1999) Social Theory of International Politics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Edited or co-edited book:
Lapid, J. & Kratochwil, F. eds. (1996) The Return of Culture in IR Theory. Boulder: Lynne Rienner.
- Anthology of edited volume:
Wendt, A. (1996). Identity and Structural Change in International Politics. In: Lapid, J. & Kratochwil, F. eds. The Return of Culture in IR Theory. Boulder: Lynne Rienner, pp. 47-64.
- Journal article:
Wendt, A. (1992). Anarchy is What States Make of It: The Social Construction of Power Politics. International Organization, 46 (2) Spring, pp. 391-425.
- Paper presentation:
Rosyidin, M. (Oktober, 2014). ASEAN In(Security) Community? Arms Race and Collective Identity Building in Southeast Asia. Paper presented at the international conference on ASEAN Studies, Yogyakarta.
- Thesis and dissertation:
Novotny, D. (2007). Indonesian Foreign Policy: A Quest of The Balance of Threats. Ph.D dissertation, University of New South Wales.
- Newspaper and magazine article:
McRae, D. (2014). Membaca Kebijakan Luar Negeri Indonesia [Understanding Indonesia’s Foreign Policy]. Kompas, 5 March, p. 7.
- Online article:
With an author:
Anwar, D.F. (2013) Indonesia’s Wary Thinking on Foreign Policy [Online], Europe’s World. Available at: <http://europesworld.org/2013/06/01/indonesias-wary-thinking-on-foreign-policy/> [accessed on 27 March 2014].
Without an author:
BBC (2019) Trump-Kim summit breaks down after North Korea demands ends to sanctions [Online], 28 February. Available at: <https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47398974> [accessed on 18 March 2019].
- There are no submission fees, processing fees, and publication charges for this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.