- Jurnal Kimia Sains dan Aplikasi (JKSA) was first published under the name of Jurnal Kimia Sains dan Terapan in 1998.
- Subsequently starting in 1999, JKSA used the name Jurnal Kimia Sains dan Aplikasi after obtaining ISSN with number of 1410-8917.
- In 1999, JKSA was published 4 times a year and from there on until volume 20 (year 2017) was published three times a year.
- Beginning in 2017, JKSA proclaimed to improve its management and increased the frequency of publication to be every 3 months or four times in a year.
- In the year of 2017, JKSA obtained an e-ISSN with number 2597-9914 and starting from 2018, JKSA publishes 4 times a year on month of January, April, July and October.
- In July 2018, JKSA was accredited from the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education with the status of "3rd rank journal" (Sinta-3) and in February 2019, JKSA increased its accreditation position to be ranked as a 2nd rank journal (Sinta 2)
- Starting in 2019, JKSA is published 6 (six) times a year at the end of January, March, May, July, September and January.
- Currently JKSA is indexed in Sinta S2, Google Scholar, Neliti.com, BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine), Indonesian One Search, Crossref, 1findr, WorldCat, Dimensions, PKPIndex, Garuda - Garba Rujukan Digital, Cassi, Microsoft Academic, ROAD, Scilit, Harvard Library, Sherva-Romeo, Semantic Scholar