Hubungan Kadar Timbal dalam Darah dengan Jumlah Eritrosit Pada Siswa Sekolah Dasar (Studi di SD Negeri Grinting 01 Kecamatan Bulakamba Kabupaten Brebes Jawa Tengah)
Copyright (c) 2016
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
Title: The Association Between Blood Lead Levels and Eryhrocyte Counts in Elementary School Students.
Background: Lead is a heavy metal that can cause both acute and chronic toxicity to human. Infant and children are usually more sensitive to lead toxicity than adults. The data of CDC (Centre for Desease Control and Prevention) showed that 49% of lead poisoning cases were happened to children with the age of under six year. Lead is known to affect the hematologic system by interfering with heme synthesis and caused anaemia. The aim of this research was to identify the association between blood lead level (BLL) and erythrocyte counts.
Method: This research was an observational research using the analytical approach and cross sectional design with 52 students participated in purposive sampling. Blood level as the independent variable and the dependent variable was erythrocyte counts.
Results: The research results showed that the mean of BLL was 31,52 µg/dl, the minimum value is 11,6 µg/dl and the maximum value is 48,89 µg/dl. The mean of erythrociyte count was 4,72x 1012/L. Chi Square Test showed that the value of p >0,05, (PR=0,84, 95% CI=0,27-2,63) meaning that there was no association between blood lead level and erythrocyte counts.
Conclusion: The children have been exposed to lead according to standards set by CDC, which 5 µg/dl average 31,52 µg/dl. There was no association between blood lead level and erythrocyte counts (p>0.05).
- Widowati W, Sastiono A, Jusuf R. Efek toksik logam pencegahan dan penanggulangan pencemaran. Bandung: Andi Yogyakarta; 2008
- World Health Organizations (WHO).Lead poisoning and health.Fact sheet N°379. Reviewed August 2015. (Online), [diakses Januari 2016) Available from: URL:http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs379/en/
- Rompas RM. Toksikologi Kelautan. Sekretariat Dewan Kelautan Indonesia, Jakarta, 2010
- Bakta, M. Hematologi Klinik Ringkas. Buku Kedokteran EGC, Jakarta,2014.
- Palar, H. Pencemaran dan toksikologi logam berat. Jakarta: PT Rineka Cipta; 2012
- WHO (World Health Organisation).Lead exposure in children. Geneva: WHO; 2007
- BPS.Kabupaten Brebes dalam angka tahun 2014. Brebes: BPS Kabupaten Brebes; 2014
- Darmono.Lingkungan Hidup dan Pencemaran Hubungannya dengan Toksikologi Senyawa Logam. Jakarta: Penerbit Universitas Indonesia; 2008
- Gilbert G. A small dose of toxicology: The Health Effects of Common Chemicals. New York: CRC Press; 2005
- American Assocition of Poison Control Centers. (Online) , [diakses Januari 2016). Availavle from: URL:http://www.aapcc.org/
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Jurnal Kesehatan Lingkungan Indonesia (JKLI, p-ISSN: 1412-4939, e-ISSN:2502-7085) and Master Program of Environmental Health, Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from JKLI journal and Master Program of Environmental Health, Diponegoro University.
JKLI journal and Master Program of Environmental Health, Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the JKLI journal are the sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form JKLI journal]
The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail or scanned document to email@example.com.