Distribusi Kasus Leptospirosis di Kabupaten Demak Jawa Tengah
Copyright (c) 2016 JURNAL KESEHATAN LINGKUNGAN INDONESIA
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
Title: Distribution of Leptospiosis Incidence in Demak District, Central Java
Background: Leptospirosis is zoonotic disease caused by Leptospira bacteria and transmitted to human through contact with animal urine into contaminated environment. Demak District is one of the endemic area in Central - Java. The number of cases is fluctuative over the year 2011-2016 with the peak of 20 cases in 2011, and It decreased at low number in 2016. Many factors may contributed such as water puddle, rat, and behaviour. Nowdays,the information about the distribution and spreading of cases was lacking. The purpose of this study was to describe the leptospiroses incidence based on the epidemiological variable and spatially in Demak District.
Method: It was an observational research using cross sectional design. The subjects were 89 cases over the year 2011-2016. The variables studied consisted of epidemiological variabels (man, place, and time), physical and biological environment factors, and behaviour aspects. Interviews and observation were conducted as the data collection techniques.The collected data would be analysed descriptively and spatially.
Result: The results of this research showed that the lepstospirosis incidence was –suffered more by male (66%) compared to female. Most of them (67,4%) were farmers. The peak of leptospirosis incidence occured in 2011. The existence of water puddle around the house, and drainage functioning as the media where the rat died. There were rats in the house where the cases occured (98,7%). Most of the subjects (66,7%) stated that they did their activities everyday in bare foot. Spatial analysis showed that Mranggen and Karangawen sub district had high numbers of leptospirosis cases.
Conclusion: Most of the leptispirosis cases were suffered more by male compared to female and the subjects worked as farmers. Mranggen and Karangnawen were two districts with high incidence of leptospirosis relatively. These areas held a history as flooding areas in previous time.
- Scott M, Geoffey, Coleman J, Timothy. Leptospirosis: Manson’s Tropical Diseases, Twenty second edition Chapter 70: 1161, 2003.
- Widoyono. Penyakit Tropis, Epidemiologi, Penularan, Pencegahan dan Pemberantasannya. Jakarta: Erlangga, 2008.
- Widarso HS dan Wilfried, Kebijakan Departemen Kesehatan dalam Penanggulangan Letospirosis di Indonesia, Kumpulan Makalah Simposium Leptospirosis, Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro, 2002.
- Esem Saban et al. Impact of Clinical and Laboratory Findings on Prognosis in Leptospirosis. Swiss Midical Weekly, 2004: p.347-352.
- WHO. Human Leptospirosis: Guidance for diagnosis, Surveillance and Control. Genewa, 2003.
- Dinas Kesehatan Kabupaten Demak. Profil Kesehatan Kabupaten Demak. Demak: 2015.
- Priyanto A. Faktor-faktor Risiko yang Berpengaruh terhadap Kejadian Leptospirosis Studi Kasus di Kabupaten Demak. Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang, 2008.
- Hadisaputro S. Faktor-faktor Risiko Leptospirosis, Kumpulan Makalah Simposium Leptospirosis. Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang, 2002.
- Riyaningsih, Hadisaputro S, Suhartono. Faktor Risiko Lingkungan Kejadian Leptospirosis di Jawa Tengah (Studi Kasus di Kota Semarang, Kabupaten Demak dan Pati). Jurnal Kesehat Lingkung Indones April 2012. Vol. 11 No. 2: hal. 87-94.
- Tri Ramadhani, Bambang Yunianto. Reservoir dan Kasus Leptospirosis di Wilayah Kejadian Luar Biasa. Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional Vol. 7 No. 4, November 2012.
- WHO. Human Leptospirosis: Guidance for Diagnosis, Surveillance and Control. Genewa, 2003.
- Farida DH, Ristiyanto. Distribusi dan faktor risiko lingkungan penularan leptospirosis di Kabupaten Demak, Jawa Tengah. Media Litbang Kesehatan Tahun 2008 Vol XVIII No. 4, hal. 193-201.
- Bina Ikawati, Sulistyani, Nurjazuli. Analisis Karakteristik Lingkungan Pada Kejadian Leptospirosis di Kabupaten Demak Jawa Tengah Tahun 2009. Jurnal Kesehat Lingkung Indones Oktober 2009 Vol. 8 No. 2: hal. 39-45.
- Depkes RI, Pedoman Tatalaksana Kasus dan Pemeriksaan Laboratorium Leptospirosis di Rumah Sakit. Ditjen Pemberantasan Penyakit Menular dan Penyehatan Lingkungan, Jakarta, 2003.
- Z. Cermakova, O Ryskova. Laboratory Diagnosis of Leptospirosis. Folio Mikrobiol, 2005: p.345-347.
- Dyah Widiastuti, Rr. Anggun Paramita Djati. Kontaminasi Leptospira Patogenik pada Air Konsumsi di Pemukiman Kabupaten Demak. BALABA Vol.11 No.2, Desember 2015: hal. 89-96.
- Dwi Sarwani Sri Rejeki, Sri Nurlaela, Devi OctavianaPemetaan dan Analisis Faktor Risiko Leptospirosis. Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional Vol. 8, No. 4, November 2013: hal.179-186.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Jurnal Kesehatan Lingkungan Indonesia (JKLI, p-ISSN: 1412-4939, e-ISSN:2502-7085) and Master Program of Environmental Health, Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from JKLI journal and Master Program of Environmental Health, Diponegoro University.
JKLI journal and Master Program of Environmental Health, Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the JKLI journal are the sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form JKLI journal]
The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail or scanned document to firstname.lastname@example.org.