Perilaku sarapan pagi kaitannya dengan status gizi dan anemia pada anak sekolah dasar
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
Background : The children are a nation's investment, because they are the next generation of the nation. The quality of the nation in the future is determined by the quality of children today. Indonesia and other developing countries in general are still dominated by four major nutritional problems
Objective : This research aimed to analyze prevalence of anemia, breakfast habits, nutritional status in school children and compare two childhood education centers located in public and private school in Kupang City, East Nusa Tenggara
Methods : This research used 645 were included in this cross sectional study and was done in March until May 2017. The subjects were fourth, fifth and sixth grade of elementary of public school (SD bertingkat Kelapa Lima 1, SD Inpres Bakunase) and private school (SD Asumta, SD GMIT Naioni, SDI Maulafa dan SDK Don Bosco 3). Breakfast habits data were collected by filling questionnaire; nutritional status was estimated by BMI/Age , Height/Age which weight and height of subjects were measured directly; and anemia status was estimated by hemoglobin test/hemocue. The frequency of breakfast is determined based on always breakfast and no breakfast and the sample usually consume breakfast before 7 am.
Result : Compare two childhood education centre was Significant differences between public and private schools were found in nutritional status variables with height for age indicators and on breakfast habits. The prevalence of anemia in elementary school children in Kupang by 27% which is measured by blood hemoglobin levels. Contribution of great family, gender and age in students were higher with regular breakfast. The difference in the variable nutritional status with height for age indicator with a value of p = 0.034 and breakfast habits with a value of p = 0.002
Conclusion : The differences in breakfast habits in public and private elementary school children are thought by the role of teachers in schools and breakfast habits can help improve nutritional status and blood hemoglobin levels
- Best C, Neufingerl N, Van GL. The nutritional status of school-aged children: why should we care? Food Nutr Bull. 31: 400-417. 2010.
- Almatsier S. Prinsip Dasar Ilmu Gizi. Jakarta (ID): PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama. 2010.
- Ikalor A. Pertumbuhan dan perkembangan. Jurnal Pertumbuhan dan Perkembangan 7(1):1-6. 2013.
- Heryanti, L. Kegemukan, anemia, prestasi belajar siswa sekolah dasar di Kota Bogor. [Skripsi]. Bogor (ID) : Institut Pertanian Bogor. 2014.
- Hadi, Hamam. Beban ganda masalah gizi dan implikasinya terhadap kebijakan pembangunan kesehatan nasional. Rapat Terbuka Majelis Guru Besar; 2005 Feb 5; Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Yogyakarta (ID): Universitas Gadjah Mada. 2005.
- Hardinsyah, Perdana F. Analisis jenis, jumlah, dan mutu gizi konsumsi sarapan anak Indonesia. J Gizi Pangan. 8(1):39-46. 2013.
- Kleinman RE, Hall S, Green H, Korzec-Ramirez D, Patton K, Pagano ME, Murphy JM. Diet, breakfast, and academic performance in children. Ann Nutr Metab. 46(01): 24–30. 2002.
- Martin A, Normand S, Sothier M, Peyrat J, Louche-Pelissier C, Laville M. Is advice for breakfast consumption justified? Results from a short-term dietary and metabolic experiment in young healthy men. Br J Nutr. 84:337– 344. 2000.
- KEMENKES RI] Kementrian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Laporan Riset Kesehatan Dasar. Jakarta (ID): Badan Litbangkes Kemenkes RI. 2013.
- Utama, L. J. Analisis Faktor Risiko Konsumsi Pangan Hewani Pada Wanita Dewasa Di Indonesia. CHMK HEALTH JOURNAL, 2(2), 43-43. 2018
- Gibson SA, Gunn P. What’s for breakfast? Nutritional implications of breakfast habits: insights from the NDNS dietary records. Nutrition Bulletin. 36. 78-86. doi: 10.1111/j 1467-3010.2010.01873.x. 2011.
- Supariasa IDN, Bakri B, Fajar I. Penilaian Status Gizi Edisi Revisi. Jakarta (ID): Penerbit Buku Kedokteran EGC. 2012
- Adiana PPE, Karmini NL. Pengaruh pendapatan, jumlah anggota keluarga, dan pendidikan terhadap pola konsumsi rumah tangga miskin di Kecamatan Gianyar. E-Jurnal Ekonomi Pembangunan Univ Udayana. 1(1): 1-60. 2012
- Fila SA dan Smith C. Applying the theory of planned behavior to healthy eating behaviors in urban native American youth. The International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. 3:11–22. 2006.
- Pereira MA, Erickson E, McKee P, Schrankler K, Raatz SK, Lytle LA, Pellegrini AD. Breakfast frequency and quality may affect glycemia and appetite in adults and children. J Nutr. 141: 163S–168S. doi:10.3945/jn.109.114405. 2011.
- Kleinman RE, Hall S, Green H, Korzec-Ramirez D, Patton K, Pagano ME, Murphy JM. Diet, breakfast, and academic performance in children. Ann Nutr Metab. 46(01): 24 –30. 2002.
- Millimet DL, Tchernis R, Husain M. School nutrition programs and the incidence of childhood obesity. Journal of Human Resources. 45(3): 640- 654. 2010.
- Madanijah, S. Pendidikan gizi. Dalam Baliwati, YF., Khomsan, A., Dwiriani, CM. Pengantar Pangan dan Gizi. Penebar Swadaya: Jakarta. 2004
- Chowdhury F, Chisti MJ, Hossain MI, Malek MA, et al. Association between paternal smoking and nutritional status of under-five children attending Diarrheal Hospital, Dhaka Bangladesh. Acta pediatri 2011 Mar;100(3):390-5.
- Gibson SA, Gunn P. 2011. What’s for breakfast? Nutritional implications of breakfast habits: insights from the NDNS dietary records. Nutrition Bulletin. 36. 78-86. doi: 10.1111/j 1467-3010.2010.01873.x..
- Gibson RS. 2005. Principles of Nutritional Assessment: Second Edition. New York (US): Oxford University Press.
- Rampersaud GC, Pereira MA, Girard BL, Adams J, Metzl JD. Breakfast habits, nutritional status, body weight, and academic performance in children. Journal of The American Dietetic Association. 105: 743-760. doi: 10.1016/j.jada.2005.02.007. 2005.
- Hardinsyah, Aries M. Jenis pangan sarapan dan perannya dalam asupan gizi harian anak usia 6-12 tahun di Indonesia. Jurnal Gizi dan Pangan. 7 (2): 89-96. 2012.
- Ruxton & Kirk. Breakfast: a review of associations with measures of dietary intake, physiology and biochemistry. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.Aug;78(2):199-213. 1997.
- Jackson J, Williams R, McEvoy M, MacDOnald-Wicks L, Patterson A. Is higher consumption of animal flesh foods associated with better iron status among adults in develop countries? A systematic review. Nutrients. 8(89): 1-27. doi: 10.3390/nu8020089. 2016.
- Escott-Stump S, Mahan LK. Krause’s Food & Nutrition Theraphy: 12th Edition. Philadelphia (US): Elsevier Inc. 2008.
- Hurrell R, Egli I. Iron bioavailability and dietary reference values. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 91(suppl): 1461-1467. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.2010.28674F. 2010
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to Jurnal Gizi Indonesia (The Indonesian Journal of Nutrition) and Department of Nutrition Science, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Diponegoro as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc., will be allowed only with a written permission from Jurnal Gizi Indonesia (The Indonesian Journal of Nutrition).
Jurnal Gizi Indonesia (The Indonesian Journal of Nutrition), Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Diponegoro, the Editors and the Advisory Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the Indonesian Journal of Nutrition are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.