Analisa Metode Pengukuran Berat Badan Manusia Dengan Pengolahan Citra
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
Body weight is one of the most important parameters to determine the condition of a person's body. To find out information about the weight is generally done by using a measurement scales. However, there are several methods that can be done to determine a person's weight, one of which is by using image processing. Through this study, we tried to decipher the possibility of weight calculation using image processing with various mathematical approach based on a calculation of body surface area (BSA) and the volume of the ellipse for the human body. We process the image in the form of digital photos to generate information on the person's weight on the photo. Furthermore, we did investigate the possibility, calculation, and analysis of the accuracy of the system. To determine the performance of the system that we made, we did the comparison calculation results with body weight results of the scales. As a result, we conclude that the weight calculation method is feasible through image processing with various conditions and restrictions, it is confirmed by the results of the analysis and the accuracy of our calculation system is 95% at a distance of 470 cm between the camera and the object.
- WHO Expert Commitee. (1995). Physical status: the use and interpretation of anthropometry. Report of a WHO Expert Committee. World Health
- Organization Technical Report Series. doi:854
- Bipembi, H., Panford, J. K., & Appiah, O. (2015). Calculation of Body Mass Index using Image Processing Techniques, 4(1), 1–7.
- Honade, Shrikant J (2013). Height, Weight, and Body Mass Index Measurement Using Matlab
- Mosteller RD. "Simplified calculation of body-surface area". N Engl J Med 1987; 317:1098.
- Eknoyan, G. (2008). Historical Note Adolphe Quetelet ( 1796 – 1874 )— the average man and indices of obesity, (September 2007), 47–51.
- Koshimizu, T., Matsushima, Y., Yokota, Y., Yanagisawa, K., Nagai, S., Okamura, K., Kawahara, T. (2012). Basal metabolic rate and body composition of elite Japanese male athletes. The Journal of Medical Investigation : JMI, 59(3-4), 253–60
- Munir, R.. (2004) “Pengolahan Citra Digital”, Bandung.
- Prasetyo, Eko. (2011). Pengolahan Citra Digital dan Aplikasinya Menggunakan Matlab. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Andi
- Kadir, Abdul., Adhi, Susanto. 2013. Teori dan Aplikasi Pengolahan Citra.
- Karels AJ, Cooper BR. Obesity and its role in oral health. IJAHSP 2007; 5(1): 1-5.
- Utari A. Hubungan indeks massa tubuh dengan tingkat kesegaran jasmani pada anak usia 12-14 tahun. Tesis. Semarang: Program Pendidikan Dokter Spesialis I Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Diponegoro, 2007: 28.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to jurnal TEKNIK and Faculty of Engineering, Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.