Sizing and Optimization for Hybrid Central in South Algeria Based on Three Different Generators
In this paper, we will size an optimum hybrid central content three different generators, two on renewable energy (solar photovoltaic and wind power) and two nonrenewable (diesel generator and storage system) because the new central generator has started to consider the green power technology in order for best future to the world, this central will use all the green power resource available and distributes energy to a small isolated village in southwest of Algeria named “Timiaouine”. The consumption of this village estimated with detailed in two season; season low consumption (winter) and high consumption (summer), the hybrid central will be optimized by program Hybrid Optimization Model for Electric Renewable (HOMER PRO), this program will simulate in two configuration, the first with storage system, the second without storage system and in the end the program HOMER PRO will choose the best configuration which is the mixture of both economic and ecologic configurations, this central warrants the energetic continuity of village.
Article History: Received May 18th 2017; Received in revised form July 17th 2017; Accepted Sept 3rd 2017; Available online
How to Cite This Article: Ammari, C., Hamouda,M., and Makhloufi,S. (2017) Sizing and Optimization for Hybrid Central in South Algeria Based on Three Different Generators. International Journal of Renewable Energy Development, 6(3), 263-272.
- International Energy Agency (IEA). World Energy Outlook 2015 Executive Summary English version (https://www.iea.org/Textbase/npsum/WEO2015SUM.pdf)
- International Energy Agency (IEA). World Energy Outlook 2012 Executive Summary English version〈http://www.iea.org/publications/freepublications/publication/name,33339〉; 2012.
- FELLAH Boumediene/ Système hybride photovoltaïque-éolien, de production d’électricité Application aux sites de Tlemcen et de Bouzaréah /mémoire magister /Université Tlemcen / 2013
- Bhattacharyya SC. Energy access programs and sustainable development: a critical review and analysis. Energy for Sustainable Development 2012;16(3):260e71.
- D. Rekioua, Z. Roumila et T. Rekioua '' Etude d’une centrale hybride photovoltaïque - éolien – diesel'' Revue des Energies Renouvelables Vol. 11 N°4/ Décembre 2008
- Lazarov VD, Notton G, Zarkov Z, Bochev I. Hybrid power systems with renewable energy sources types, structures, trends for research and development. In: Proc of International Conference ELMA. 2005. p. 515–20.
- Sunanda Sinha, S.S. Chandel, Review of recent trends in optimization techniques for solar photovoltaic–wind based hybrid energy systems, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 50 (2015) 755–769
- Aeidapu Mahesh, Kanwarjit Singh Sandhu, Hybrid wind/photovoltaic energy system developments: Critical review and findings, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 52 (2015) 1135–1147
- Vincent Demeusy. Dimensionnement d'un système hybride photovoltaïque,groupe électrogène avec le logiciel HOMER /July 2011
- Prabodh Bajpai , Vaishalee Dash,Hybrid renewable energy systems for power generation in stand-alone applications: A review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 16 (2012) 2926–2939
- Nayar CV. Standalone wind/diesel/battery hybrid energy systems. Wind Energy 1997; 21(1):13–9.
- Luna-Rubio R, et al. Optimal sizing of renewable hybrids energy systems: a review of methodologies. Solar Energy 2012;86:1077–88 pp
- Gansler Robert A, Klein SA, Beckman WA. Assessment of the accuracy of generated meteorological data for use in solar energy simulation studies. Sol Energy 1994;53(3):279–87.
- Nurul Arina bte Abdull Razak, Muhammad Murtadha bin Othman, Ismail Musir, Optimal Sizing and Operational Strategy of Hybrid
- Renewable Energy System Using HOMER, The 4th International Power Engineering and Optimization Conférence/ MALAYSIA: 23-24 juin 2010
- U. Sureshkumar, S.Manoharan, A.P.S. Ramalakshmi, Economic Cost Analysis of Hybrid Renewable Energy System using HOMER, IEEE- International Conference On Advances In Engineering, Science And Management (ICAESM -2012) March 30, 31, 2012
- Rohit Sen, Subhes C. Bhattacharyya, Off-grid electricity generation with renewable energy technologies in India: An application of HOMER, Renewable Energy 62 (2014) 388e39
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.