The Energy Processing by Power Electronics and its Impact on Power Quality
This paper discusses the electrical architectures adopted in wind turbines and its impact on the harmonic flux at the connected electric network. The integration of wind electric generators with the power grid needs energy processing by power electronics. It shows that different types of wind turbine generator systems use different types of electronic converters. This work provides a discussion on harmonic distortion taking place on the generator side, as well as in the power grid side.
Keywords: grid connection, harmonic distortion, power electronics and converters, wind energy conversion systems, wind power, wind technology, wind turbines
- Hansen LH, Helle L, Blaabjerg F, Ritchie E, Munk-Nielsen S, Bindner H, Sørensen P, Bak-Jensen B (2001) Conceptual Survey of Generators and Power Electronics for Wind Turbines. Risø National Laboratory, Roskilde, Denmark.
- Mittal R, Sandhu KS, Jain DK (2011) Grid Voltage Control of Inverter Interfaced Wind Energy Conversion System (WECS). International Journal of Environmental Science and Development 2(5).
- Araújo SV, Antunes FLM, Sahan e A. Engler B (2007) Analysis And Design of a LCL-Filter for a NPC Inverter in Offshore Wind Power Conversion System. Apresentado no 9° Congresso Brasileiro de Eletrônica de Potência – COBEP 2007, Blumenau, Brasil.
- Agência Nacional de Energia Elétrica (2008) Procedimentos de Distribuição de Energia Elétrica no Sistema Elétrico Nacional PRODIST – Módulo 8 – Qualidade da Energia Elétrica. . ANEEL Resolução nº 345.
- Operador Nacional do Sistema Elétrico (2008) Gerenciamento dos indicadores de desempenho da rede básica e de seus componentes - submódulo 2.8, ONS.
- IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonic Control in Electrical Power Systems, IEEE Standard: 519-1992.
- European Standards (2008) Measurement and Assessment of Power Quality Characteristics of Grid Connected Wind Turbines. EN 61400-21.
- dos Reis FS, Alé JAV, Adegas FD, Tonkoski Jr. R, Slan e K. Tan S (2006) Active Shunt Filter for Harmonic Mitigation in Wind Turbines Generators. 37th IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, Jeju, Korea.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.