Blue Methylene Retrieval using Silica-Salicylic Acid Modified Filtering
License URL: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
The retrieval of methylene blue using a silica-modified sulfide-salicylic acid has been carried out. Salicylate-silica-acid alloys have been prepared by comparing the four media ie filter paper, silica-filter paper, salicylic acid-filter paper and salicylic acid-silica-filter paper. This study aims to study the recovery of methylene blue using salicylic acid-modified silica filtering with various parameters on the adsorption and desorption process. The results showed that the salicylic acid-silica alloy could improve the capability of methylene blue removal. The result of pH variation on the adsorption process showed that at pH 7 methylene blue can be taken 92.89%. Whereas at concentration variation, salicylic acid at 5 mM can take methylene blue equal to 92.86%. The desorption results showed that pH 1 methylene blue could be desorbed at 308.89 mg/g, while the variation of contact time of desorption ie at 110 minutes could an saturate the blue methylene by 589,61 mg/g. The UV-Vis analysis showed a decrease in absorbance in salicylic acid after contact with silica. The FTIR analysis also shows that in salicylate-silica-acid alloys there are Si-O groups derived from silica and C = O derived from salicylic acid.
- Sulistias Mustika, Abdul Haris, Nor Basid Adiwibawa Prasetya, Kajian Metode Elektrofotokatalisis, Elektrolisis dan Fotokatalisis pada Dekolorisasi Larutan Zat Warna Remazol Black B yang Mengandung Ion Logam Cu2+, Jurnal Kimia Sains dan Aplikasi, 16, 1, (2013) 17-22
- Arthias Cita Febriyani, Rum Hastuti, Abdul Haris, Kajian Metode Elektrofotokatalisis, Elektrolisis dan Fotokatalisis pada Dekolorisasi Larutan Zat Warna Remazol Brilliant Orange 3R yang Mengandung Ion Logam Cu2+, Jurnal Kimia Sains dan Aplikasi, 15, 1, (2012) 7-12
- E.-S.Z. El-Ashtoukhy, Y.O Fouad, Liquid–liquid extraction of methylene blue dye from aqueous solutions using sodium dodecylbenzenesulfonate as an extractant, Alexandria Engineering Journal, 54, (2015) 77-81 10.1016/j.aej.2014.11.007
- Reza S. Razmara, Ali Daneshfar, Reza Sahrai, Determination of methylene blue and sunset yellow in wastewater and food samples using salting-out assisted liquid–liquid extraction, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 17, 3, (2011) 533-536 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2010.10.028
- Hekun Han, Wei Wei, Zhifeng Jiang, Junwei Lu, Jianjun Zhu, Jimin Xie, Removal of cationic dyes from aqueous solution by adsorption onto hydrophobic/hydrophilic silica aerogel, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 509, Supplement C, (2016) 539-549 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2016.09.056
- W. H. Rahmanto, Muhammad Asy'ari, Sel Elektrolisis 3–Kompartemen untuk Ekstraksi Magnesium dan Sulfat dari Sistem Larutan MgSO4–KCl–H2O, Jurnal Kimia Sains dan Aplikasi, 9, 1, (2006)
- M. Soniya, G. Muthuraman, Comparative study between liquid–liquid extraction and bulk liquid membrane for the removal and recovery of methylene blue from wastewater, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 30, (2015) 266-273 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2015.05.032
- Reza Hosseinzadeh, Khatereh Khorsandi, Maryam Jahanshiri, Combination photodynamic therapy of human breast cancer using salicylic acid and methylene blue, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 184, Supplement C, (2017) 198-203 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2017.05.008
- Yasemin Bulut, Haluk Aydın, A kinetics and thermodynamics study of methylene blue adsorption on wheat shells, Desalination, 194, 1, (2006) 259-267 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2005.10.032
- Robert M. Silverstein, Francis X. Webster, David J. Kiemle, David L. Bryce, Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds, 5 ed., John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York, 1991.
- Shofi Dwika Adha, Danar Purwonugroho, Rachmat Triandi Tjahjanto, Pengaruh Konsentrasi Larutan HNO3 dan Waktu Kontak Terhadap Desorpsi Kadmium(II) yang Terikat Pada Biomassa Azolla Microphylla-Sitrat, Jurnal Ilmu Kimia Universitas Brawijaya, 1, 1, (2015) 636-642
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to JKSA and the Chemistry Department, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, Diponegoro University as the publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc., will be allowed only with a written permission from JKSA and the Chemistry Department, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, Diponegoro University. However, the author has the right to the following:
- Duplicate all or part of the published material for use by the author himself as a classroom instruction or verbal presentation material in various forums;
- reusing part or all of the material as a compilation material for author's work;
- make copies of published material to be distributed within the institute where the author works.
JKSA and the Chemistry Department, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, Diponegoro University and the Editors make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in JKSA journal are the sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form JKSA]. The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, scanned document or fax :
Dr. Adi Darmawan (Editor in Chief)
Editorial Office of Jurnal Kimia Sains dan Aplikasi (JKSA)
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, Diponegoro UniversityJl. Prof. Soedarto, Kampus Undip Tembalang, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia 50275