Analysis of a Novel Four Level Flying Capacitor H – Bridge Converter
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
In this paper, a novel four-level flying capacitor inverter and its comparison with the conventional flying capacitor topology in terms of THD analysis are proposed. This new topology have some advantages over conventional one as following: The blocking voltages are the same for all switches used in the configuration, there is no need for capacitor midpoint connection and this eliminates low frequency current which circulate in dc-link capacitors, and the number of flying capacitor is reduced as compared with conventional form of it. The operation of the topology, modulation strategy, simulation results, and THD analysis for the output waveforms are presented in this paper.
Article History: Received: 17th July 2017; Received: October 14th 2017; Accepted: Januari 18th 2018; Available online
How to Cite This Article: Gülpınar, F., Sarı, F., and Uzun, Y. (2017) Analysis of a Novel Four Level Flying Capacitor H – Bridge Converter. International Journal of Renewable Energy Development, 7(1), 71-75.
- Akagi, H. (2017) Multilevel Converters: Fundamental Circuits and Systems. Proceedings of the IEEE, 105(11), 2048 - 2065.
- Chen, A., Zhang, C., Ma, H. & Deng, Y. (2008) A novel multilevel inverter topology with no clamping diodes and flying capacitors. IEEE 34th Annual Conference Industrial Electronics.
- Choi, S. & Saeedifard, M. (2012) Capacitor voltage balancing of flying capacitor multilevel converters by space vector PWM. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery 27(3), 1154-1161.
- Daher, S., Schmid, J. & Antunes F.L.M. (2008) Multilevel inverter topologies for stand-alone PV systems. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 55(7) 2703-2712.
- Dos Santos, E. C., Gulpinar F. & Da Silva E.R.C. (2014) Flying capacitor four-level H-Bridge converter. Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (PECI).
- Gautam, S. P., Gupta, S. & Kumar, L. (2017) Reliability improvement of transistor clamped H-bridge-based cascaded multilevel inverter. IET Power Electronics, 10 (7), 770-781.
- Joca, D. R., Barreto L.H.S.C., Oliveira, D. de S., Silva, R.N.A.L. & Henn, G.A.L (2012) Modulation technique based on CSV-PWM and HEPWM for THD reduction in flying capacitor multilevel inverters. 10th IEEE/IAS International Conference on Industry Applications (INDUSCON).
- Lai J.S. & Peng F.Z. (1996) Multilevel converters-a new breed of power converters. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 32(3), 509-517.
- Prabaharan, N. & Palanisamy, K. (2017) A comprehensive review on reduced switch multilevel inverter topologies, modulation techniques and applications. Renewable and sustainable Energy Reviews, 76, 1248 – 1282.
- Radermacher, H., Schmidt, B. D. & De Doncker R.W. (2004) Determination and comparison of losses of single phase multi-level inverters with symmetric supply. IEEE 35th Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference.
- Rahmani, S. & Al-Haddad, K. (2006) A single phase multilevel hybrid power filter for electrified railway applications. IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics.
- Rodriguez J., Lai, J. S. & Peng F. Z. (2002) Multilevel inverters: a survey of topologies, controls, and applications. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 49(4), 724-738.
- Sathiyanarayanan J. S. & Kumar A. S. (2013) Power Quality Improvement Wind Energy System Using Cascaded Multilevel Inverter. International Journal of Renewable Energy Development, 2(1), 35-43.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.