Biogas Filter Based on Local Natural Zeolite Materials
UPT BPPTK LIPI has created a biogas filter tool to improve the purity of methane in the biogas. The device shaped cylindrical tube containing absorbent materials which based on local natural zeolite of Indonesia. The absorbent has been activated and modified with other materials. This absorbtion material has multi-adsorption capacity for almost impurities gas of biogas. The biogas filter increase methane content of biogas for 5-20%. The biogas filter improve the biogas’s performance such as increasing methane contents, increasing heating value, reduction of odors, reduction of corrosion potential, increasing the efficiency and stability of the generator.
- Anonim, Potency. http://www.gunungkidulkab.go.id/home.php?mode
- =content&id=307. Accesed on Monday, July 1st, 2013
- Bughiarello, G., Brown, H., & Byrom, F. L. (1981) Energy for Rural Development (Renewable Resource and Alternative Technologies for Developing Countries), National Academy Press, Washington
- Delahay, G. & Coq, B. (2002) Pollution Abatement Using Zeolite : State of The Art and Further Needs, Catalytic Science Series – Vol. 3, Zeolite for Cleaner Technologies, Chapter 16, Imperial College Press, London
- Febrisiantosa, A. & Julendra, H. (2008) Konversi Limbah Ternak Sapi Bali Bos Javanicus Menjadi Biogas di UPT Kapitan Meo Kab. Belu Nusa Tenggara Timur, Proceeding on Seminar Nasional Rekayasa Kimia dan Proses. ISSN : 1411 – 4216, Chemical Engineering Department, Diponegoro University, Semarang
- Hambali, E., et al. (2007) Bioenergy Technology, Agro Media Library.
- Monnet, F. (2003) An Introduction to Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Waste. Remade Scotland
- Muryanto, J. P., et al (2006) Biogas, Green Alternative Energy, Matter 1, Institute for Agricultural Technology (BPTP), Central Java, Ungaran.
- Sutarti, M. & Rachmawati, M. (1994) Zeolite Literature Review, Scientific Information and Documentation Centre, Indonesian Institute of Sciences, Jakarta.
- Wahono, S. K. (2007) Review : Alternative Energy Storage Optimization and Safely on Biogas System, Proceeding Call For Paper – Young Engineer Contribution for Indonesia, ISBN – 979-25-8870-1, Jogja Engineer Meeting, Yogyakarta.
- Wahono, S. K. (2008) Review : Use of Local Zeolite Gunungkidul - Yogyakarta for Biogas Systems Optimization, Proceeding on Seminar Nasional Fundamental dan Aplikasi Teknik Kimia, ISSN 1410-5667, Chemical Engineering Department, Institute Technology of Sepuluh November, Surabaya
- Wahono, S. K., et. al., (2008) Fuel Development of Fuel Cell from Biogas, Technical Research Report of DIPA UPT BPPTK LIPI, Yogyakarta
- Wahono, S. K., Julendra, H., & Febrisiantosa, A. (2009) Biogas Performance Improvement Through Methane Purification Technology at UPT Kapitan Meo, Belu - East Nusa Tenggara, Proceeding on Seminar LIPI – UGM – Disperta – PATPI – BI DIY, Yogyakarta
- Wahono, S. K., Maryana, R., & Kismurtono, M. (2009) Biogas Purification Process to Increase Generator Efficiency, American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings, International Workshop on Advanced Material for New and Renewable Energy, June, 9th -11th 2009, ISBN : 978-0-7354-0706-0, ISSN : 0094-243X , Jakarta
- Wahono, S. K., Maryana, R., Kismurtono, M., Nisa, K., & Poeloengasih, C. D. (2010) Local Zeolite – Gunungkidul Modification for Performance Improvement of Biogas as Electricity Resource, Proceeding on Seminar Nasional Rekayasa Kimia dan Proses, ISSN : 1411 – 4216, Chemical Engineering Department, Diponegoro University, Semarang
- Weitkamp, J. & Puppe. L. (1999) Catalysis and Zeolite Fundamentals and Applications, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, Germany
- Widayat, Mustafa, Roesyadi, A., & Rachimoellah, M. (2008) Effect of HCl Concentration and Reactant Type in The Zeolite Catalysts Production for Dehydration Process of Natural Zeolite, Proceeding on Seminar Nasional Rekayasa Kimia dan Proses, ISSN : 1411 – 4216, Chemical Engineering Department, Diponegoro University, Semarang
- Windarti, T. (2002) Effectiveness Profile of Acidic Zeolite Catalyst in Polyethylene Pyrolysis of Plastics Waste into Olefins Due to Temperature Changes, Routine DIK Research Report, Diponegoro University, Semarang
- Tahir, R. & Mustafa (2007) The Vegetable Waste was Converted into Biogas as Renewable Alternative Energy, Proceeding on Seminar Nasional Fundamental dan Aplikasi Teknik Kimia, ISSN 1410-5667, Chemical Engineering Department, Institute Technology of Sepuluh November, Surabaya
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.