Optimum Sizing Algorithm for an off grid plant considering renewable potentials and load profile
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
Article History: Received June 24th 2017; Received in revised form September 26th 2017; Accepted Sept 30th 2017; Available online
Citation: Brahmi, N., Charfi, S., and Chaabene, M. (2017) Optimum Sizing Algorithm for an off grid plant considering renewable potentials and load profile. Int. Journal of Renewable Energy Development, 6(3), 213-224.https://doi.org/10.14710/ijred.6.3.213-224
- Arbaoui A. (2006), Aide à la décision pour la définition d’un système éolien: Adéquation au site et à un réseau faible, Doctorate thesis, Arts And Professions Superior National School, Bordeaux center16 (Engineer’smehanical professions);.
- Bashir, M., and Sadeh, J. (2012), Optimal Sizing of Hybrid Wind/Photovoltaic/Battery Considering the Uncertainty of Wind and Photovoltaic Power Using Monte Carlo, IEEE, 978-1-4577-1829-8/12.
- Belfkira, R., Zhang, L., Barakat, G, (2011), Optimal sizing study of hybrid wind/PV/diesel power generation unit, Sol. Energy 85, 100–110.
- Belmilin, H, Haddadi, M, Bacha, S, Almi, B. Bendib, M. (2014) Sizing stand-alone photovoltaic–wind hybrid system: Techno-economic analysis and optimization. Renewable and Sustainable EnergyReviews,30, 821–832
- Brahmi, N, Chaabene, M . (2012), Sizing optimization of a wind pumping plant: Case study in Sfax, Tunisia, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy 4, 013114, doi: 10.1063/1.3683530.
- Cano, A, Jurado, F, Higinio Sánchez, L , Castañeda, M (2014),, optimal sizing of stand-alone hybrid systems based on pv/wt/fc by using several methodologies, Journal of the Energy Institute , Vol 87, Issue 4, pp 330–340.
- Chowdhury, S.P, Chowdhury, S., Crossley, P.A. (2011). UK scenario of islanded operation of active distribution networks with renewable distributed generators, International Journal Electric Power Energy System; 33(7),1251–5.
- Diaf, S., Diaf, D., Belhamel, M., Haddadi, M., and Louche, A. (2007), A methodology for optimal sizing of autonomous hybrid PV/wind system, Energy Policy, 35, 5708–5718
- Eftichios, K., Dionissia, K., Antonis, P., and Kostas, K.(2006). Methodology for optimal sizing of stand-alone photovoltaic/wind-generator systems using genetic algorithms. Solar Energy, 80(9), 1072-1088.
- Ekren, B.Y. and Ekren, O., (2009), Simulation based size optimization of a PV/wind hybrid energy conversion system with battery storage under various load and auxiliary energy conditions, Applied Energy, 86, 1387–1394.
- Friedl, W., Schmautzer, E., Sakulin, M., Braunstein, R. (2007). Electrical energy and power saving potentials in the area Of agriculture, DUE Conference.
- Glasnovic Z, and Margeta, J. (2011). Vision of total renewable electricity scenario, Renewable and Sustainable Energy; 15(4),1873–84.
- Gokcek, M., Bayulken, A., Bekdemir, S. ( 2007), Investigation of wind characteristics and wind energy potential in Kirklareli, Turkey. Renewable Energy, 32,1739e52.
- Grimsmo, L.N., Korpaas, M and Gjengeda, T (2005), Probabilistic sizing of wind and hydrogen power systems for remote areas, 15th PSCC, pp. 22-26.
- Gupta, S.C., Kumar, Y.Agnihotri, G. (2007) Optimal sizing of solar-wind hybrid system, Information and Communication Technology in Electrical Sciences (ICTES), 282 - 287.
- Haykin, S. (1998), Neural networks: a comprehensive foundation» Prentice-Hall, New Jersey.
- Kaldellis JK, (1999), Wind energy management.Athens: Stimulus, Publications.
- Kaldellis, J.K. and Zafirakis, D. (2012), Optimum sizing of stand-alone wind-photovoltaic hybrid systems for representative wind and solar potential cases of the Greek territory, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. 107–108, 169–178, doi.org/10.1016.
- Kazem, H.A., Khatib, T., Sopian, K, (2013), Sizing of a standalone photovoltaic/battery system at minimum cost for remote housing electrification in Sohar, Oman, Energy Buildings 61, 108–115.
- Lin, W.M, Hong, C.M. (2010), Intelligent approach to maximum power point tracking control strategy for variable speed wind turbine generation system., Energy, 35(6),2440–2447.
- Maleki, A, Askarzadeh, A eh, (2014), Artificial bee swarm optimization for optimum sizing of a stand-alone PV/WT/FC hybrid system considering LPSP concept, Solar Energy 107, 227–235.
- Maleki, A, Askarzadeh, A, (1016), Optimal sizing of a PV/wind/diesel system with battery storage for electrification to an off-grid remote region: A case study of Rafsanjan, Iran, Journal of Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments.
- Melício, R., Mendes, V.M.F, Catalão, J.P.S. (2011), Comparative study of power converter topologies and contr1ol strategies for the harmonic performance of variable speed wind turbine generator systems, Energy;
- Musgrove, A.R.D. (1988), The optimization of hybrid energy conversion system using the dynamic programming model – RAPSODY, Int. J Energy Res. 12, 447-45.
- Park, M., and Yu, I.K., (2004), A Study on Optimal Voltage for MPPT Obtained by Surface Temperature of Solar Cell, Proc. IECON, pp. 2040-2045.
- Seguro, J. V. and Lambert, T. W. (2000), Estimation of the Parameters of the Weibull Wind Speed Distribution for Wind Energy Analysis. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamic.85(1), 75-84.
- Silva, S. B., (2011), Sizing and Optimization Photovoltaic, Fuel Cell, IEEE Latin America Transactions, 9(1), 83-88.
- Slootweg, J.G, de Haan, S.W.H., Polinder, H., Kling, W.L. (2003), General model for representing variable speed-wind turbines in power system dynamics simulations. IEEE Trans Power Syst.,18(1),144–1451.
- Tina, G., Gagliano, S., Raiti, S. (2006), Hybrid solar/wind power system probabilistic modeling for long-term performance assessment, Solar Energy, 80,578-88.
- Yang, H.X., Zhou, W., Lu, L., Fang, Z.H. (2008), Optimal sizing method for stand-alone hybrid solar - wind system with LPSP technology by using genetic algorithm, Solar Energy, 82(4),354-6,.
- Yang, L. and Xie, M. (2003). Efficient Estimation of the Weibull Shape Parameter Based on a Modified Profile Likelihood», Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 73(2), 115-123.
- Yang, L., Burnett, J. H.X., (2002), Investigation on wind power potential on Hong Kong islands-an analysis of wind power and wind turbine characteristics, Renewable Energy, 27, 1-12.
- Zhou, W., Lou, C., Li, Z., Lu, L., Yang, H. (2010), Current status of research on optimum sizing of stand-alone hybrid solar - wind power generation systems, Applied Energy, 87(2),380-9.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.