The Temperature Profile for The Innovative Design of the Perforated Fin
Article Metrics: (Click on the Metric tab below to see the detail)
The development of the perforated fin had proposed in many studies to enhance the heat transfer from electronic pieces. This paper presents a novel derivative method to find the temperature distribution of the new design (inclined perforated) of the pin fin. Perforated with rectangular section and different angles of inclination was considered. Signum Function is used for modeling the variable heat transfer area. Set of parameters to handle the conduction and convection area were calculated. Degenerate Hypergeometric Equation (DHE) was used for modeling the Complex energy differential equation and then solved by Kummer’s series. In the validation process, Ansys 16.0-Steady State Thermal was used. Two geometric models were considered. The big reliability of the presented model comes from the high agreement of the validation results about (0.25%). The results show the increase of the inclination leads to the enhancement of the temperature difference and heat transfer ratio. Improved of Heat transfer ratio is ranging from 13% to 50%.
Article History: Received June 12th 2016; Received in revised form August 6th 2016; Accepted August 24th 2016; Available online
How to Cite This Article: Jasim, H.H and Soylemez, M.S. (2016). The temperature profile for the innovative design of the perforated fin. Int. Journal of Renewable Energy Development, 5(3), 259-266
- Andrei D. Polyanin and Valentin F. Zaitsev, 2003 . hand book of Exact solution for ordinary differential equations , 2nd ed (USA). By CHAPMAN & HALL/CRC , P.213-490.
- Ashok Fule, A .M Salwe , A Zahir Sheikh, and Nikhil Wasnik, 2014. convective heat transfer comparison between solid and perforated pin fin, international journal of mechanical and robotics research, Vol. 3, No. 2, April.
- Bayram Sahin, and Alparslan Demir, 2008a . Performance analysis of a heat exchanger having perforated square fins, Applied Thermal Engineering [ 28 (2008) 621–632].
- Bayram Sahin, and Alparslan Demir, 2008b. Thermal performance analysis and optimum design parameters of heat exchanger having perforated pin fins , Energy Conversion and Management [49(2008) 1684-1695].
- Elshafei .E. A. M, 2010. Natural Convection Heat Transfer from a Heat Sink with Hollow / Perforated-Circular Pin Fins, Energy [35 (2010) 2870e2877].
- Hazewinkel. M, 1995. Encyclopaedia of Mathematics: A-Integral — Coordinates, Springer science and business media, [p:105-110 and 797-800].
- Incropera, Dewitt, Bergman and Lavine , 2007. Fundamental of heat and mass transfer, John Wiley & Sons; 6th edition , [p:95-160 and 560-594].
- John W. Harris and Horst Stocker , 1998. Hand book of mathematics and computational science , springer (USA) [p:130-150].
- Kirpikov.V.A and Leifman.I.I, 1972. calculation of the temperature profile of a perforated fin, instituted of chemical apparatus design, Moscow. Vol.23, No.2, pp.316-321, August.
- Mohamed L. Elsayed ,and Osama Mesalhy ,2014. Studying the performance of solid/perforated pin-fin heat sinks using entropy generation minimization , Heat Mass Transfer, [10.1007/s00231-014-1451-9].
- Mohammad Reza Shaeri, Tien-Chien Jen,2012. The effects of perforation sizes on laminar heat transfer characteristics of an array of perforated fins, Energy Conversion and Management 64 (2012) 328–334.
- Monoj Baruah, Anupam Dewan and P. Mahanta, 2011. Performance of Elliptical Pin Fin Heat Exchanger with Three Elliptical Perforations, CFD Letters Vol. 3(2) [S2180-1363(11)3265-X].
- Raithby GD, and Hollands KGT,1998. Natural convection. In: Warren M. Rohsenow, James R Hartnett, Young I. Cho, Handbook of heat transfer, MCGRAW-HILL 3rd edition, [p:4-1 to 4-80].
- Saurabh D. Bahadure , and Gosavi , 2014. Enhancement of Natural Convection Heat Transfer from Perforated Fin, International Journal of Engineering research, Volume No.3, Issue No.9, pp : 531-535.
- Swee-Boon Chin ,Ji-Jinn Foo, and Yin-Ling La , 2013. Forced convective heat transfer enhancement with-perforated pin fins, Heat Mass Transfer 49:1447–1458.
- Zan WU, Wei LI, Zhi-jian SUN , and Rong-hua HONG, 2012. Modeling natural convection heat transfer from perforated plates, Journal of-Zhejiang University-SCIENCE A [13(5):353-360].
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.