Performance and Feasibility Analysis of a Grid Interactive Large Scale Wind/PV Hybrid System based on Smart Grid Methodology Case Study South Part – Jordan
Most recent research on renewable energy resources main one goal to make Jordan less dependent on imported energy with locally developed and produced solar power, this paper discussed the efficient system of Wind/ PV Hybrid System to be than main power sources for south part of Jordan, the proposed hybrid system design based on Smart Grid Methodology, the solar energy will be installed on top roof of electricity subscribers across the Governorate of Maan, Tafila, Karak and Aqaba and the wind energy will set in one site by this way the capital cost for project will be reduced also the simulation result show the feasibility is a very competitive and feasible cost . Economics analysis of a proposed renewable energy system was made using HOMER simulation and evaluation was completed with the cost per kilowatt of EDCO company, the net present cost is $2,551,676,416, the cost of energy is 0.07kWhr with a renewable fraction of 86.6 %.
- An Analysis of Investment Opportunities in Jordan’s Renewable Energy Sector," www.cleanenergypipeline.com. Accessed 27 October 2014.
- A. A. Ahmed, Li Ran, J. Bumby, (2008) Simulation and control of a hybrid PV Wind system”, Power Electronics, Machines and Drives,. PEMD, York, 2-4th April. 1-6.
- C. Jain, C. Yanbo, Z. Lihua, (2011), Design and research of off grid wind solar hybrid power generation systems”, Power Electronics Systems and Applications, PESA ,1-5.
- Chedid R., Rahman S., (2012), Unit sizing and control of hybrid wind-solar power systems, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 12 , 79-85.
- A. Arulampalam, N. Mithulananthan, R. C. Bansal, T. K. Saha, (2010), Micro grid control of a PV-Wind-Diesel hybrid systems with islanded and grid connected operations”, IEEE Sustainable Energy Technology, ICSET , 1-5
- Shun S., Ahmed N.,(2008), Utilizing wind and solar energy as power sources for a hybrid building ventilation device, Renewable Energy 33, 1392-1397.
- Vick B., Clark R., Ling J., Ling S.,(2003), Remote Solar-Wind and Hybrid Solar-Wind Energy Systems for Purifying Water, Journal of Solar Energy Engineering February 125 :107-111.
- Nandi S., Ghosh H., (2009), A wind–PV-battery hybrid power system at Sitakunda in Bangladesh, Energy Policy 37: 3659-3664.
- Somkene N. Mbakwe , M. T. Iqbal , and Amy Hsiao ,(2012), Design of a 1.5kW Hybrid Wind / Photovoltaic Power System for a Telecoms Base Station in Remote Location of Benin City, Nigeria”,
- D. Saheb-Koussa, M. Haddadi, M. Belhamel,(2009), Economic and technical study of a hybrid system (wind–photovoltaic–diesel) for rural electrification in Algeria, Applied Energy 86 : 1024 - 1030.
- Salwan S. Dihrab, K. Sopian, (2010), Electricity generation of hybrid PV/wind systems in Iraq, Renewable Energy 35: 1303–1307.
- S. Rahman, M. M. Alam, L. M. Al-Hadhrami, (2012), Feasibility study of a Wind-PV Diesel hybrid power system for a village”, Renewable Energy, February, 38, 1:258-268.
- Mahmud Abdul Matin Bhuiyan, Anik Deb, Arefin Nasir,(2013), Optimum Planning of Hybrid Energy System using HOMER for Rural Electrification”, International Journal of Computer Applications, 66, 13,45-52
- Yousif El-Tous, Saleh Al-Battat, Sandro Abdel Hafith,(2013), Hybrid wind-PV grid connected power station case study: Al Tafila, Jordan”. International Journal of Energy and Environment, 3,4: 605-616
- Hussein Al-Masri, FathiAmoura,(2012), Feasibility Study of a Grid Connected Hybrid Wind/PV System”, International Journal of Applied Power Engineering , 2, 2, 89 - 98
- Ghaith Haddad, Ruba Amarin, Salem El-Nimri and Mohammad Kuran,(2013), The Economic Impact of the 'Let Jordan Shine' Phase I Project in Tafila,” The 8th Jordanian International Electrical & Electronics Engineering Conference.
- EDCO, Annual Report, www.edco.com.jo Accessed 27 October 2014.
- National center for research and development of Jordan/ energy research program
- EDCO, Load Forecasting technical report, www.edco.com.jo, Accessed 27 October 2014.
- SUNTECH Solar Panel, 2012. http://www.altestore.com/store/Solar-Panels/Suntech-STP300-24Vd-300W-24VSolar-Panel-USA/p7941/.Accessed 25 Dec 2014
- VESTAS,http://www.vestas.com/Files/Filer/EN/Brochures/ProductBrochureV821_65_UK.pdf, Accessed 25 Dec 2014
- F. Brihmat, S. Mekhtoub, (2014), PV Cell Temperature/ PV Power Output Relationships Homer Methodology Calculation, International Journal of Control, Energy and Electrical Engineering , 2.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.