Steam gasification of wood biomass in a fluidized biocatalytic system bed gasifier: A model development and validation using experiment and Boubaker Polynomials Expansion Scheme BPES
- Anis S. , Z. A. Zainal, “Tar reduction in biomass producer gas via mechanical, catalytic and thermal methods: A review,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 2355–2377, Jun. 2011.
- Arena, U., F. Di Gregorio, C. Amorese, M.L. Mastellone, A techno-economic comparison of fluidized bed gasification of two mixed plastic wastes, Waste Management, 31(7) 2011, 1494-1504
- Awojoyogbe, O.B. and K. Boubaker, 2009. A solution to Bloch NMR flow equations for the analysis of homodynamic functions of blood flow system using m-Boubaker polynomials. Curr. App. Phys., 9: 278-288.
- Barrio M. , J. E. Hustad, “CO2 gasification of birch char and the effect of CO inhibition on the calculation of chemical kinetics,” Progress in Thermochemical Biomass Conversion, vol. 1, pp. 47–60, 2001.
- Barrio, M., B. Gøbel, H. Risnes, U. B. Henriksen, J. E. Hustad, and L. H. Sørensen, “Steam gasification of wood char and the effect of hydrogen inhibition on the chemical kinetics,” 2001.
- Barry, P. and A. Hennessy, 0000. Meixner-type results for riordan arrays and associated integer sequences, section 6: The Boubaker polynomials. J. Integer Sequences, 13: 1-34.
- Belhadj, A., J. Bessrour, M. Bouhafs and L. Barrallier, 2009a. Experimental and theoretical cooling velocity profile inside laser welded metals using keyhole approximation and Boubaker polynomials expansion. J. Thermal Analysis Calorimetry, 97: 911-920.
- Belhadj, A., O. Onyango and N. Rozibaeva, 2009b. Boubaker polynomials expansion scheme-related heat transfer investigation inside keyhole model. J. Thermophys Heat Transf., 23: 639-642.
- Benhaliliba, M., Benouis, C.E., Boubaker, K., Amlouk M., Amlouk, A., A New Guide To Thermally Optimized Doped Oxides Monolayer Spray-grown Solar Cells: The Amlouk-boubaker Optothermal Expansivity ψab in the book : Solar Cells - New Aspects and Solutions, Edited by: Leonid A. Kosyachenko, [ISBN 978-953-307-761-1, by InTech], 2011, 27-41.
- Buekens A. G., J. G. Schoeters, “Modelling of Biomass Gasification,” in Fundamentals of Thermochemical Biomass Conversion, R. P. Overend, T. A. Milne, and L. K. Mudge, Eds. Springer Netherlands, 1985, pp. 619–689.
- Davidson J. F. , D. Harrison, Fluidised particles, vol. 3. Cambridge University Press New York, 1963.
- Demirbaş, A., “Biomass resource facilities and biomass conversion processing for fuels and chemicals,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 1357–1378, Jul. 2001.
- Devi, L. , K. J. Ptasinski, and F. J. Janssen, “Pretreated olivine as tar removal catalyst for biomass gasifiers: investigation using naphthalene as model biomass tar,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 86, no. 6, pp. 707–730, 2005.
- Devi, L., K. J. Ptasinski, F. J. J. G. Janssen, S. V. B. van Paasen, P. C. A. Bergman, and J. H. A. Kiel, “Catalytic decomposition of biomass tars: use of dolomite and untreated olivine,” Renewable Energy, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 565–587, Apr. 2005.
- Di Carlo, A., D. Borello, and E. Bocci, “Process simulation of a hybrid SOFC/mGT and enriched air/steam fluidized bed gasifier power plant,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2013.
- Di Carlo A., E. Bocci, and V. Naso, “Process simulation of a SOFC and double bubbling fluidized bed gasifier power plant,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 532–542, Jan. 2013.
- Fiaschi D. , M. Michelini, “A two-phase one-dimensional biomass gasification kinetics model,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 121–132, Aug. 2001.
- Foscolo, P. U. , K. Gallucci, “Integration of particulate abatement, removal of trace elements and tar reforming in one biomass steam gasification reactor yielding high purity syngas for efficient CHP and power plants,” in 16th european biomass conference and exhibition, 2008.
- Fridjine, S. and M. Amlouk, 2009. A new parameter: An ABACUS for optimizig functional materials using the Boubaker polynomials expansion scheme. Modern Phys. Lett. B 23: 2179-2182.
- Ghanouchi, J., H. Labiadh and K. Boubaker, 2008. An attempt to solve the heat transfert equation in a model of pyrolysis spray using 4q-order m-Boubaker polynomials. Int. J. Heat Technol., 26: 49-53.
- Han J. , H. Kim, “The reduction and control technology of tar during biomass gasification/pyrolysis: an overview,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 397–416, 2008.
- Heidenreich, S., M. Nacken, P. U. Foscolo, and S. Rapagna, “Gasification apparatus and method for generating syngas from gasifiable feedstock material,” App. 12/598,508Apr-2008.
- Jess, A., “Mechanisms and kinetics of thermal reactions of aromatic hydrocarbons from pyrolysis of solid fuels,” Fuel, vol. 75, no. 12, pp. 1441–1448, 1996.
- Kobayashi, N., M. Tanaka, G. Piao, J. Kobayashi, S. Hatano, Y. Itaya, S. Mori, High temperature air-blown woody biomass gasification model for the estimation of an entrained down-flow gasifier, Waste Management, 29(1) 2009, 245-251
- Konttinen, J., A. Moilanen, J. Vepsäläinen, S. Kallio, M. Hupa, and E. Kurkela, “Modelling and experimental testing of gasification of biomass char particles,” in Proceedings of the European Combustion Meeting, 2003, pp. 26–29.
- Kumar, A.S., 2010. An analytical solution to applied mathematics-related Love’s equation using the Boubaker polynomials expansion scheme. J. Franklin Institute., 347: 1755-1761.
- Kunii D. , O. Levenspiel, “Fluidized reactor models. 1. For bubbling beds of fine, intermediate, and large particles. 2. For the lean phase: freeboard and fast fluidization,” Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1226–1234, Jul. 1990.
- Labiadh, H. and K. Boubaker, 2007. A Sturm-Liouville shaped characteristic differential equation as a guide to establish a quasi-polynomial expression to the Boubaker polynomials. Diff. Eq. and Cont. Proc., 2: 117-133.
- Mastellone, M. L., L. Zaccariello, D. Santoro, U. Arena, The O2-enriched air gasification of coal, plastics and wood in a fluidized bed reactor, Waste Management, 32(4), 2012, 733-742
- Milgram, A., 2011. The stability of the Boubaker polynomials expansion scheme (BPES)-based solution to Lotka-Volterra problem. J. Theoretical Biolog., 271: 157-158.
- Nikoo M. B., N. Mahinpey, “Simulation of biomass gasification in fluidized bed reactor using ASPEN PLUS,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1245–1254, Dec. 2008.
- Rahmanov, H., A Solution to the non Linear Korteweg-De-Vries Equation in the Particular Case Dispersion-Adsorption Problem in Porous Media Using the Spectral Boubaker Polynomials Expansion Scheme (BPES), Studies in Nonlinear Sciences, 2011, 2 (1) 46-49.
- Rapagna, S., N. Jand, A. Kiennemann, and P. U. Foscolo, “Steam-gasification of biomass in a fluidised-bed of olivine particles,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 187–197, 2000.
- Ruoppolo, G. , P. Ammendola, R. Chirone, F. Miccio, H2-rich syngas production by fluidized bed gasification of biomass and plastic fuel, Waste Management, 32(4), 2012, 724-732
- S. Sadaka, S., A. E. Ghaly, and M. A. Sabbah, “Two phase biomass air-steam gasification model for fluidized bed reactors: Part I—model development,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 439–462, Jun. 2002.
- Sadaka, S. S., A. . Ghaly, and M. . Sabbah, “Two-phase biomass air-steam gasification model for fluidized bed reactors: Part III—model validation,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 479–487, Jun. 2002.
- Simell, P. A., E. K. Hirvensalo, V. T. Smolander, and A. O. I. Krause, “Steam Reforming of Gasification Gas Tar over Dolomite with Benzene as a Model Compound,” Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1250–1257, Apr. 1999.
- Slama, S., J. Bessrour, M. Bouhafs, K.B. Ben and M. Num et al., 2009. Heat Transf. Part A. 55: 401-404.
- Slama, S., M. Bouhafs, K.B. Ben and A. Mahmouda, 2008. boubaker polynomials solution to heat equation for monitoring a3 point evolution during resistance spot welding. Int. J. Technol., 26: 141-146.
- Strehler A., W. Stutzle, “Biomass residues,” Biomass: regenerable energy, pp. 75–102, 1987.
- Swierczynski, D. , C. Courson, and A. Kiennemann, “Study of steam reforming of toluene used as model compound of tar produced by biomass gasification,” Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 508–513, Mar. 2008.
- Świerczyński, D., S. Libs, C. Courson, and A. Kiennemann, “Steam reforming of tar from a biomass gasification process over Ni/olivine catalyst using toluene as a model compound,” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 211–222, 2007.
- Tabatabaei, S., T. Zhao, O. Awojoyogbe and F. Moses 2009. Cut-off cooling velocity profiling inside a keyhole model using the Boubaker polynomials expansion scheme. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer. 45: 1247-1255.
- UNIQUE Cooperative Research Project, Contract N.211517 7FP.” [Online]. Available: www.uniqueproject.eu. [Accessed: 02-May-2013].
- Wang Y. , C. M. Kinoshita, “Kinetic model of biomass gasification,” Solar Energy, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 19–25, Jul. 1993.
- Werther, J., M. Saenger, E.-U. Hartge, T. Ogada, and Z. Siagi, “Combustion of agricultural residues,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 1–27, Feb. 2000.
- Yildirim, A., S.T. Mohyud-Di and D.H. Zhang, 2010. Analytical solutions to the pulsed klein-gordon equation using Modified Variational Iteration Method (MVIM) and Boubaker Polynomials Expansion Scheme (BPES).Computers Math. Appl., 12: 026. DOI:10.1016/j.camwa.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.