Electricity Production from Wind Energy By Piezoelectric Material
In recent years, the energy demand has increased, and alternative way of energy production methods are proposed to deal with this phenomenon by scholars. One of the most promising method is piezoelectric materials. These materials can be used for energy production with improving their efficiencies. This work is made with the guidance of one project which aimed to electricity production form wind energy. This method with one prototype is investigated. Two different wind stalk structures are produced with 3-D Printer. These different structures are set up in wind tunnel and it is experimented under different wind speeds and high turbulence flows. As a result, a circular and four-corner wind stalk structures are investigated for low and high turbulence flows in several wind speeds. To conclude, the produced energy is too small for the systems in market because there are many types of piezoelectric materials for various applications and the problems due to measurement devices. However, piezoelectric materials can be better alternative for classical wind turbines in turbulence flow areas. Therefore, the electricity production from piezoelectric material will be promising method in the future with its advantages.
© 2019. CBIORE-IJRED. All rights reserved
Article History: Received May 15th 2018; Received in revised form September 14th 2018; Accepted January 5th 2019; Available online
How to Cite This Article: Buyukkseskin, I., Tekin, S. A., Gurel, S., Genc, M S. (2019) Electricity Production from Wind Energy By Piezoelectric Material. International Journal of Renewable Energy Develeopment, 8(1), 41-46.
- Büyükkeskin, I. (2018) Electricity Production from Wind Energ with Piezoelectric Materials, M.Sc. Thesis, Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Erciyes University
- Chen, W., Liu, Y., Liu, Y., Tian, X., Shan, x., Wang, L. (2018) Design and experimental evaluation of a novel stepping linear piezoelectric actuator. Sensors and Actuators A, 276, 259-266.
- Cohen, R. (2008) First Principles Theories of Piezoelectric Materials, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Washington, D.C. USA
- Donoso, A., Bellido, J. C. (2018) Robust design of multimodal piezoelectric transducers. Computer methods In Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 338, 27-40.
- GTZ (undated) Biogas Community Plants Manual.
- Jaing, Z., Wang, L., Jin, J. (2018) A novel robotic arm driven by sandwich piezoelectric transducers. Ultrasonics, 84, 373-381.
- Kabir, M., Kazari, H., Ozevin, D. (2018) Piezoelectric MEMS acoustic emission sensors. Sensors and Actuators A, 279, 53-64.
- Karasu, İ. (2011) Experimental and Numerical Investigations of Transition to Turbulence and Laminar Separation Bubbl Over Aerofoil at Low Reynolds Number Flows. MSc. Thesis, Erciyes University.
- Kuscer, D., Rojac, T., Darko, B., Zarnik, M. S., Bradsko, A., Kos, T., Malic, B., Boerrighter, M., Martin, D. M., Faccini, M. (2017) Integrated piezoelectric vibration system for fouling mitigation in ceramic filtration membranes, Journal of Membrane Science ,540, 277– 284.
- Mirshekarloo, M.S., Tan, C.Y., Yu, X., Zhang, L., Shuting, C., Yao, K., Cui, F., Pandit, S.M., Chong, S.H., Tan, S.T. (2018) Transparent piezoelectric film sepakers for windows with active noise mitigation function. Applied Acoustics, 137, 90-97.
- Nabavi, S. F., Farshidianfar, A., Afsharfard, A. (2018) Novel piezoelectric based ocean wave energy harvesting from offshore buoys. Applied Ocean Research, 76 ,174-187.
- Nair, A., Cai, C. (2010) Acoustic emission monitoring of bridges: review and case studies, Eng. Struct. 32 (6), 1704–1714.
- Silva, T. M. P., Clementino, M. A., Junior, C. D., Erturk, A. (2018) An experimentally validated piezoelectric nonlinear energy sink for wideband vibration attenuation, Journal of Sound and Vibration.
- Tanaka, Y., Kpokubun, Y., Yabuno, H. (2018) Proposition for sensorless self-excitation by a piezoelectric device, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 419, 544-557.
- Todaro, M. T., Guido, F., Mastronardi, V., Desmaele, D., Epifani,G., Algieri, L., Vittorio, M. D. (2017) Piezoelectric MEMS vibrational energy harvesters: Advances and outlook. Microelectronic Engineering ,183-184, 23-36.
- Wang, D. W., Mo, J. L., Wang, X. F., Ouyang, H., Zhou, Z. R. (2018) Experimental and numerical investigations of the piezoelectric energy harvesting via friction-induced vibration. Energy Conversion and Management, 171, 1134-1149.
- Yoon, G. H., Choi, H., Hur, S. (2018) Multiphysics topology optimization for piezoelectric acoustic focuser. Computer methods In Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 332, 600-623.
- Zhang, X., Pondrom, p., Sessler, G. M., Ma, X. (2018) Ferroelectret nano generator with large transverse piezoelectric activity. Nano Energy, 50, 52-61.
- Zhao, H., Qin, L., Ling, J. (2018) Synergistic performance of piezoelectric transducers and asphalt pavement. International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology,11, 381-387.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.