Gasification of ‘Loose’ Groundnut Shells in a Throathless Downdraft Gasifier
- Akay, G., M. Dogru, O. F. Calkan, and B. Calkan., (2005). Biofuels for fuel cells: Renewable energy from biomass fermentation. London: IWA.
- ASABE Standards. 2007. S269.4. Cubes, pellets and crumbles - Definitions and methods for determining density, durability and moisture content. St. Joseph, Mich.: ASABE.
- ASTM, 1994. E1755-01. Standard method for ash in biomass (Laboratory Analytical Procedure #005 of NREL): In Standard Biomass Analytical Methods. NREL.
- ASTM, 2002. D 3175-89a, 1989. Standard test method for volatile matter in the analysis sample of coal and coke. 232-234.
- Balat, M., and A. Gunhan., (2005). Biomass Energy in the World, Use of Biomass and Potential Trends.Energy Sources 27 (10): 931–940.
- Bapat, D.W., Kulkarni S.V., Bhandarkar V.P., (1997). Design and operating experience on fluidized bed boiler burning biomass fuels with high alkali ash, In: Preto FDS, editor, Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Fluidized Bed Combustion, Vancouver, New York, NY: ASME, pp 165–174.
- Bridgwater A.V., (2003). Renewable fuels and chemicals by thermal processing. Chem Eng J; 91:87-102.
- Buekens AG, Schoeters JG., (1985). Modeling of biomass gasiﬁcation. Brussels: VUB.
- Dogru, M., C. R. Howarth, G. Akay, B. Keskinler, and A. A. Malik., (2002). Gasification of hazelnut shells in a downdraft gasifier. Energy 27 (5): 415–427.
- Freeman, H.A., Nigam S.N, Kelly, T.G., Ntare, B.R., Subrahmanyam, P and Boughton, D., (1999). The World Groundnut Economy, Facts, Trends and Outlook. Patancheru 502324, Andra Pradesh, India: Information Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics 52pp. ISBN 92-9066-404-5
- Hall., D.O., Rosillo-Calle F, de Groot P., (1992). Biomass energy lessons from case studies in developing countries. Energy Policy, pp 62–73.
- Hall, D.O., Rosillo-Calle F., Woods, J., (1991). Biomass, its importance in balancing CO2 budgets. In: Grassi G, Collina A, Zibetta H, editors. Biomass for energy, industry and environment, 6th E.C. Conference, London: Elsevier Science, pp 89–96.
- Jain, A.K., Goss, J.R., (2000). Determination of reactor scaling factors for throatless rice husk gasifier, Biomass and Bioenergy 18 249-256.
- Mamphweli NS, Meyer EL., (2009). Implementation of the biomass gasiﬁcation project for community empowerment at Melani village, Eastern Cape, South Africa. Renewable Energy; 34:2923-7.
- McGowan F., (1991). Controlling the greenhouse effect: the role of renewable, Energy Policy, pp 111–118.
- Midilli, A., M. Dogru, G. Akay, and Howarth, C.R., (2001) Hydrogen Production from Sewage Sludge via a Fixed bed Gasifier Product Gas. International Journal Hydrogen Energy 27 (10):1035–1041.
- Mohod A.G., Khandetod Y.P., Powar A.G., (2008). Processed cashew shell waste as fuel supplement for heat generation. Energy Sustain Dev; 12:73–6.
- Singh R.N., Jena U, Patel J.B., (2006). Sharma AM. Feasibility study of cashew nut shells as an open core gasifier feedstock. Renewable Energy; 31:481–7.
- Tippayawong N, Chaichana C, Swe M.L., (2009). Distributed electricity generation from biomass gasiﬁcation as a sustainable energy option for rural Myanmar. Int J Distrib Energy Resour; 5:71 –82.
- Tippayawong, N., Chaichana, A., Promwangkwa, A., Rerkkriangkrai, P., (2011). Gasification of cashew nut shells for thermal application in local food processing factory. Energy Sustain Dev; 15:69-72.
- Varshney R., Bhagoria.J.L., Mehta.C.R,, (2011) . Experimental investigation on a biomass briquette based throatless downdraft gasifier, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Dindigul, Volume 2, No 2.
- Werther, J., Saenger, M., Hartge, E.U., Ogada, T., Siagi, Z., (2000) Combustion of agricultural residues, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science 26, pp 1–27.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University.
International Journal of Renewable Energy Development and Center of Biomass and Renewable Energy, Department of Chemical Engineering Diponegoro University, the Editors and the Advisory International Editorial Board make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in the International Journal of Renewable Energy Development are sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.